Sunday, April 7, 2013

In a spring time state of mind

I haven't posted much lately because I was sick of myself and whining about the weather. Yes, this seemed like the most drawn out winter in quite some time but complaining about it didn't help. This weekend, though, the weather FINALLY turned and was absolutely gorgeous. Sunny, high 50s/low 60s. Flowers are finally blooming and foliage is becoming noticeable for the flowers they will become. (Please ignore the onion grass in the photos - it's impossible to get rid of!)

These hyacinth never disappoint
Kerria japonica intertwined with Rosa cl. Pinkie

The lopsided forsythia, bien sur.

Climbing phlox getting in on the blooming action

A rogue hyacinth hitched a ride when I moved this hibiscus last year

Astilbe

I had forgotten about this Brunnera that I got from last year's plant party. Its flower was a nice surprise. 

Sedum "Autumn Joy"


Nepeta "Walker's Low"
Hollyhock

No comments:

Post a Comment